Condo Owners Forum

"It's about community. It's about bringing people together. It's about creativity and service. It's about making the community in which we live a really good place to be." - In Miscellaneous Quotes, by Andy Stoll

Home COFSAB Forum Condo Owners Forum Q&A How do I seek recourse when dealing with Property Management and our Board?

  • How do I seek recourse when dealing with Property Management and our Board?

    Posted by Karen Bennett on April 10, 2022 at 5:29 pm

    Posted: 10/11/2021 11:29 am


    I have been requesting copies of recent minutes of proceedings of the General Meeting of the Corporation/Board and copies of the most recent financials. This is stated in our Bylaws that as an owner I am to be provided this info upon written request. The PM is telling me that they need the Boards permission and that due to confidential information they are not allowed to release it to me. This excuse has been used selectively in the past when I have requested this information. Sometimes they will send it and other times not. This is becoming very frustrating and concerning to me. I have served on the Board prior to our hiring a PM firm and I have never seen this happen. We do not receive monthly newsletters or copies of minutes/financials except at year end. We have not had an AGM since September 2020 and I have been told we won’t be having one until the new year.
    Has anyone ever had compliance issues with the Board and Property Management when they appear to be complicit? As an owner, what are my options?



    Karen Bennett replied 1 year, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
Please spread the word!

Log in to reply.

Please spread the word!
Verified by MonsterInsights